Monday, August 18, 2008

IV Fluids

Went into the doctor again today because I am so uncomfortable. My belly was 93cm before they tapped and drained over a liter on Saturday. Afterwards I lost 6 pounds.

We had a very special dinner at Ryan's parents house with my grandparents, my mom and dad, Ryan's brother Jason and girlfriend Caprice. We surprised my grandparents and Ryans dad with the news with the positive test. We brought gifts for everyone. My mom was given a a picture frame saying "Great moms get promoted to grandmothers" Ryan's dad received one about Dads. Ryans mom was given a pandora charm of a baby buggy and a onsie that Traci made that said "If Mama says NO, Ask Nana". My Grandparents received a Onsie that said "My fingers may be small but I already have my great grandparents wrapped around them".

I Felt so much better on Saturday and even Sunday morning till about noon, then I am started swelling again and measured at 98cm and gained back 8 pounds. I wasn't feeling very good right from the start and by dinnertime I wasn't having much of a appetite. I needed to go lay down I had been on my feet to much. We ended up calling Dr Andreko and letting her know how uncomfortable I am and she wanted to see me at 10am on Monday to possibly tap again. We ending up deciding to hold off and put some distance between the taps so my body can recover. I did have IV fluids put in and some more human plasma. I might need to come back in to the center every few days to get IV therapy to stay hydrated because I had completely stopped peeing due to dehydration.

The doctor has asked me to remain on bedrest for another week to two weeks so my condition can get better. The more I am on my feet the more I will have the extended stretching in my stomach. The Ovarian Hyper Stimulation (OHHS) can last 7-8 more weeks and the more I take care of my body the quicker I will recover.

The Baby this week......................This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of the baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. Right now the baby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of the organs and body parts will develop.

Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house the baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion him/her as they grows; and the yolk sac, which produces the baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to him/her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails