Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back to School

Last night was the first day of my very last semester. I will graduate in May with a Child Development and a Liberal Arts Degree. I am crazy but I am taking 10 units this semester. Ok Ok I am a little insane doing this the last part of my pregnancy and birthing a baby during the last three weeks of school BUT I just have to do it. I'll never finish after the baby is born or I'll just keep putting it off. I have been working on this degree for the last ten years and I am just to close to not push myself. This is a huge accomplishment and it will feel so good when I am done. I just recently received my Associate Teaching permit from the California Teaching Credentialing program and after graduating I will be ready to apply for my Master Teacher permit.

My schedule this semester is as follows:
Mon 4:30pm-7:30pm Infant Development
Tues 7:00pm-10:00pm Advanced Culture and Diversity in Childcare
Online Course- Education and care of Infants in a Group setting
Lab - Volunteering 3-6 hrs per week working in the Child development Center


Here's
one of the outfits that may be a runner up for a Take Me Home from the Hospital outfit. Isn't it so adorable? I haven't bought it but I really like it. I should check with my mom and see if she could make it since it looks so simple to makeI forgot to show you the pics of the finished crib. On Monday I went to Goores and bought the mattress that I really wanted. They had a huge MLK Day sale and I it was $110 off plus I had a $20 card off. Its a Naturpedic Ultra Organic waterproof mattress. I have been researching crib mattresses since I was just a few months pregnant. This mattress doesn't emit harmful fumes and it does not contain vinyl. It also does not have boric acid for the flame retardant that most mattresses have. Boric acid is used to kill rats by the way. Gross!

I picked up this super cute Fire Truck while I was there, it just happens to match his crib bedding perfectly. I think its super cute I will just have to find a place to put it in the nursery.



I also have been on the hunt for a side table that will go next to my swivel glider. (Which I wont have for at least another 4 weeks) While at Target I saw a cute black one that will match his furniture and it happened to be 40% off.


1 comment:

  1. I really like that take home outfit, but seriously, how absolutely precious would it be for baby Landon to wear something that his Grandma made for him :)I hope she can make something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails