Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amber teething necklaces...do they really work?

Man I have been fighting off this cold. Its a major head cold. I have been in good spirits until last night when I sniffed in an attempt to clear my nose. When I went to swallow It wouldn't go up and wouldn't go down. I was laying on my back in bed and I panicked and started coughing and my husband came running over to help me get up. I couldn't breathe, it was stuck. I started walking to the bathroom when I realized I needed to throw up. Sorry that was TMI but I felt so much better. I found the list from the doctor to see what I could take. Saline drops *check*, steam from a hot shower *check* none of that stuff works I just need an antihistamine. We scan down the list and there it was Tylenol Cold as long as its not multi-symptom and Sudafed. I beg my husband please please go get me some my head is so congested I hear crackling in my ear and have the sinus pain. Oh sudafed immediately made me feel better and I could breathe I was able to get a full night of sleep it was great.

Speaking of medicine. I recently bought an Amber teething necklace for my future bambino. Apparently this necklace is not for chewing on at all. It is strictly for wearing. When the child wears the amber against there skin it is heated up releasing the oil inside and the skin absorbs it. It is supposed to be a natural healer. I was very excited about it until my mother went on and on telling me its a bunch of garbage and works about the same if you believe in the healing powers of crystal. I finally had to chalk it up with her and just say well its a cute boyish necklace anyways so ever if it doesn't heal my baby he can wear it for looks.






Ours look more like this one
Do any of you use one of these or friends children use one. Do you think they work or have helped your child at all. I don't know anything about real amber but the one I ordered feels almost like plastic I thought there would be some weight to it. I hope I didn't get jipped.
I have been shopping off hyenacart and etsy lately and they have the cutest things for babies and children made by Wahm. Look I just received this personalized with Landon's name on it its very cute. I'm not sure if I will do a pacifier at first because of what I have heard with the confusion to breastfeeding but maybe after we are established I will let him have one. I think babies get bored and they need the oral stimulation and the take it away around 5-6 months.

A couple of people have asked where we got the Adornable car seat cover. Its from http://www.babyblingthingsboutique.com/ I'll share some other things soon and my obsession with cloth diapering and all the cute fluffy things I have bought lately. It's Thursday I am off to our Bradley birth class tonight holy crap now only 59 days left. Oh geesh I am in the oh crap I don't want to give birth mode and I can't do it I'm not that strong of a person panic mode the last week. I just keep telling myself millions and millions of women have done it so I guess I can do it too.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, those necklaces are DARLING. I need to have a girl at some point so I can do cute girl stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful! I am convinced they make a huge difference. DD still is fussy when teething, but if she's not wearing her necklace she is 10 times worse! I wear one myself and I think it helps with my neck pain.
    http://www.amber-teething-necklaces.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber is incredible and unmatched in its natural healing powers - and not just for children. People have used amber for centuries for arthritis, respiratory infections including chronic asthma, as a stress reliever that interacts with the body's nervous system and much, much more. Researchers and scientists have expounded on the exceptional ability of Baltic Amber to thwart infection and enhance immunity. Today, everyone is turning more toward homeopathic medicines - Amber is at the top of the list in it's healing abilities. Do you own research and you will amazed at what Baltic Amber can do.http://www.amberartisans.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently a friend, who sells amber wrote, "If you have any doubt about the authenticity of your amber, you can test it by touching it with a red-hot pin and if the smoke that curls off of it smells like pine pitch, it's amber."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails