- Brestfeeding exclusively, when I am at school he will receive pumped milk from a breastflow bottle
- Cloth Diapering
- Baby Wearing in a sling or Mei-Tai
- Although we will NOT be co-sleeping, we will use a Amby bed for his infancy
- Also chose Organic mattress and sheeting
- Feeding homemade baby purees after 6 months
- Choose which vaccines our son will get and also do a delay start
- Will not give my child unnecessary medicine and will choose the best possible safest way to deal with teething (Amber Teething necklace), fevers, and colds (Homeopathic)
- Will choose organic/natural toys
- Use cleaners in the nursery and home that are safe (Vinegar/Water)
- Having our child face backward in the car for as long as possible (2.5 yrs approx)
- Trying not to feed any sugar or Junk food
- Raising a TV free Child, I will let him watch educational programs around 3-4 yrs old but no TV commercials or violent cartoons (Yes even disney movies have bullying, teasing and violence in them)
Now these are choices for our family that I feel best. Your family may do it different and I am OK with that. I don't think any less to anyone for choosing to raise their child differently then I am. I will post more on a different day why some of these issues I feel are important to me. Some I have learned as I studied for my child development degree others because I directly work with children.
Hey who knows maybe someday I may break one of these family rules above and will be writing a "Not Me Monday" posting. Ha would that be silly =P
- Check out Dr Sears website http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/index.asp
- Buy The Vaccine Book by Robert Sears, MD
Curious who that cute little boy is at the top of my posting then please read the story of Ian. His face and voice need to be heard by all. His parents set up this website to leteveryone know what happened to them in Ian's short 47 days here on Earth. http://iansvoice.org/default.aspx His parents also want to make it clear they are not against vaccines but they do believe in safe education so you know the facts.
I would love to hear from all mommies on this topic. Your advice, your choices on whats best for your family. Any mommies do a delay start on vaccines or chose to not give your child a certian vaccine by choice. Thanks I appreciate anything and everything on this subject even if you have the opposite opinion on this matter.