Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

1st Family Picture of the New Year

On New Years eve day we took Landon to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We loaded the car and were on the road by 6:15am. The drive was 3 1/2 hrs, the longest car ride we have ever taken Landon on. (Reminder:The boy hates the car) When we put him to bed his normal routine is to wake at 2am, 4am, 6am for a feeding. I put him to bed at 8pm for the night I finished the laundry and crawled into bed by 1am. He woke up at 1:15 a lil early then normal, good for me as I wasn't alseep yet. Surprisingly he didn't wake up the rest of the night Hallelujah! In the morning Ryan and I stood over his crib saying his name over and over even rubbing his back yet he still didn't wake up. I picked him up and he rubbed his eyes a few times and then he just lighted up. I decided to leave him in his jammies but needed a diaper change before we hit the road.

Landon & I shared a banana before he started to get sleepy around Davis. I climbed from the back seat to the front seat and took my own nap. Thank God I needed it so bad after only 3hrs sleep. Why do I do every time I get ready to go on a trip or vacation I stay up the night before packing or doing laundry. Landon slept the entire trip of 3 1/2 hrs. Thank goodness. While we were at the aquarium he took a nap in the stroller for an hour and then slept another 3 1/2 hrs on the way home. I'll post the pics in another posting later.

When we got home we rested for a bit then headed over to our friends house for a few fireworks and midnight kiss for the two men in my life. I was amazed that Landon made it till midnight. His eyes were so huge staring at the fireworks. He wouldn't take his eyes off of them. I think he was a little frightened by them but he didn't cry.


Were off to a Happy New Year. My goal is to get my body back by June 5th. Its tri-training season so I will start my diet and core strengthening this month. My schedule will be super busy training 6 days a week. Tues Evenings is training with my coach, Wed is Bootcamp, the rest of the days will running. My mother in law bought me a B.O.B. stroller for Christmas so there are no excuse I will be able to run daily.

Jan: Phase 1-Base Building, Core Strength, Running Skills, Bike Fittings, Sports Nutrition (Recovery & Refueling)
Feb: Phase 2- Base Building, Core Strength, Cycling
March: First Bricks, Bike/Run, Nutrition for Training
April: Swimming Drills, Endurance
May:Swimming, Biking, Running:Transitions and Bricks
June: Taper Week and Race on June 5th


Speaking of eating Landon has moved onto a few solid foods. We have tried organic puffs, honeydew melon, rice, and blueberries. Since he is 8 months old now I have added dairy into his diet. He has tried whole milk yogurt and Tofu.

Some new baby food I made up this week are:
Sweet Potato, Carrot, Tofu
Avocado & Tofu
Butternut, Squash, Potato
Banana & Blueberry
Eggplant & Banana
Split Pea Stew
Asparagus Risotto
Green Bean & Mint
Oatmeal, Pear, Yogurt
and something called Baby Stock


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails