Friday, January 8, 2010

I heart our new Svan highchair

Oh finally oh finally Goores called and said our highchair arrived. Oh thank goodness, I had ordered it back in October and it arrived the day before Christmas. I am lost canceled the order since it said it would only take 2-3 weeks and instead took over 8 weeks. I was a little frustrated since we have had to feed him sitting in our laps, the floor wherever. I imagined when we did get the highchair that he would scream his head off and not like sitting there at all because he would not be used to sitting still. He'll be able to climb in and out on his own without it tipping over. I'm not trying to sell this product but I truly LOVE it and I was so confused on what chair to buy and researched for months before choosing this Scandinavian chair. My favorite so far is he is at counter height so he can see what I'm doing while I'm cooking and I love giving him a snack while Im making dinner and telling/showing him what I'm doing. We have little conversations back and forth.
I was wrong, he loved it! Daddy fed him his first meal in it and it fits him just right. This chair is so awesome the chair pad is machine washable and the tray is dishwasher safe. The seat adjusts 3 ways so it fits him just right. The main reason I chose this was because it was the only adjustable chair that will fit him for life. When hes older I will remove the tray and scoot him up to the table. (I think its very important to eat dinner at the table as a family) Then later I will remove the crotch bar so its just a chair and can lower the seat height as he grows taller. Then when he is a teenager this turns into a desk/computer chair. The tray hangs on the back keeping it handy and clean. It a small chair so it doesn't take up a huge footprint in my small kitchen
Use your hands! Silly boy loves to eat right out of my palm or right off the tray. He will fill his fist with food and then eat like a chicken till its gone. I think its quite funny and has given us all a good laugh.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. My brother and sister in law are having a baby this summer, I might have to show them your chair and see what they think. I know she has her ideas already but who knows.
    Glad you got your chair and you love it so much.
    Hugs,
    Crystal and Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the baby blog swap. I don't have your e-mail address. PLease e-mail me at KOxborough@yahoo.com, so I can tell you your partner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails