Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treating Eczema

First, all of you of you were right about your guesses on my picture yesterday. It was a picture of a Leaf lettuce Seahorse, well actually two of them that I took on a recent trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Back to the title of my post. At around 7 months old Landon developed mild eczema on his back and face. I lotioned him everyday but to no avail. I came across a product and it has worked so well I just had to share it with anyone who may have the same thing with their child. When I found out that Landon had eczema I started asking friends what routines they had set up for their childrens eczema and I never really got an answer.

Heres Landons skin prior to what I found that worked


First I bathe Landon in Mustelas Stelatopia line. I use the above milky bath. I had two cap fulls of the oil or 3 if his skin is bad. I use a cup to pour water over his skin and only use my hand to wash him. Using a washcloth can irritate the skin. I don't rinse Landon as the oil will help keep his skin hydrated.

When I take him out of the bath I wrap him in a towel just patting his skin again never rubbing to irritate the skin. I take him to his room where I have my stuff already setup. I start applying regular OTC hydrocortizone cream to his problem areas within 3 minutes of his bath to lock in the moisture. I only apply the hydrocortizone to the areas that have any patches of dryness.


Next I use the lotion from the selatopia line and apply to his entire body. Then put on his diaper and pajamas. The next day I will reapply just the hydrocortizone to the problem areas up to 4x a day everyday until I see improvement. Then I will apply it twice a day, then 1x a day until I just need to apply after baths every other day. In about a week his skin is completely healed. He has no problem areas. I bought all of my Mustela items at BRU when it was buy two items get one free. What a steal!!!


My poor baby got his first ear infection. He was exposed to pink eye a few weeks ago and the bacteria spread to his ear. The 104.3 temp he had last weekend was caused by the ear infection. He was put on an strong antibiotic called augmentin. I also put him on a probiotic called Culturelle. I think its awesome it has not changed his stools one bit. I also like that I dont have to store it in the fridge, its individually wrapped so I dont have to measure it out and I can pack it into the diaper bag as needed. I think anytime you treat with antibiotics you need to also use a probiotic.

All of the things I shared I have not been paid or received free products I'm just a mom who wants to share when I find things that really work as I feel these items do. Its hard raising a baby and getting advice from family and books. I always like to listen to other Moms who have tried things that work or don't work on their children then I don't waste my time or money.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails