Monday, February 22, 2010

Monterey Bay Aquarium PIC overload

A few weeks ago we headed to the Bay for my god-daughters 9th birthday. I was totally nervous to take Landon 3 hours from home for fear of endless times of his screaming in the car. To my surprise he slept the whole way there and back. I haven't been to the Aquarium since my freshman year in college for my Marine Biology class field trip. O.M.G. that statement just made me feel so old.



Anyways we packed up and brought our own healthy meals for this trips so we didn't have to stop or eat out. We took my 12 passenger van so we could all carpool together and hit the rode by 6am. Since Landon was just 8 months old for this trip I was curious how interested he would be in looking at the fish.

They had touch pools with 5 different kinds of starfish, sea cucumbers and kelp. Landon loved touching them.

They had a 16ft. deep kelp forest with all kinds of fish. Since the aquarium sits right against the ocean they pump the water right in. The kelp forest sway back and forth and is totally relaxing to watch.

We visited a different tide pool and they had different types of kelp and algae to touch. He was so gentle.

I be he felt like he was underwater.

There was a special play area for Infant only. This area had different touch boards that had things that felt like algae or sounded like the ocean.

Special water play area with rubber floating fish in it

Landon totally loved this play area. It was a giant water filled sac to crawl on.

This area was surrounded by bubbles that floated up. We must have stood there for 15-20 minutes while Landon stood there touching the bubble screen. Don't you just love his big ol' cloth diaper butt. HA! He is such a tiny guy but his butt always looks so huge. My poor lil guy I think will catch up on the growth scale soon. He still wears some 3-6 month old clothes, mostly 6 month and some 9 months or 12 months.

My lil pearl you've grown so much and I admire your beauty within. You have such a kind heart and never pitch a fit. Although I think that may be around the corner. I feel so protective of you and want only the best for you. I may be tired at night but mommy never gets tired of playing with you. I love teaching you new things and I love to watch your face as you try over and over till you figure it out. Your such a smart cookie.

My most favorite is watching you with daddy. I love how you love your daddy so much and smile so big when you see him. You crawl as fast as you can and raise your arms up to show him your ready to be picked up.
We had so much fun on our trip with you and I cant wait to take you so many other places so I can expose you to the world. You LOVE to be outdoors and I think next time you will enjoy the beach and ocean.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails